Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Soloman - Gunshot SURVIVOR!!!

I write this post with bittersweet emotions.  I am so very thankful that Soloman is doing great and will be able to leave the hospital later today (weather permitting!).  Yet, I am so very disappointed that our vets at Dodge City Animal Hospital had to receive EVEN ONE NEGATIVE email or phone call.  Rather than put them through any more grief, I will not ask for any donations through facebook.  We will also no longer post anything other than the dogs up for adoption via facebook.  I don't know that makes people think they can just unload negative comments WITHOUT any information. They don't know the countless times Dr. Smith and his staff have helped me without charge!!!  They don't know the countless times they have discounted their services.  Come on people - they have a business to run, bills to pay, staff to pay, medicine and supplies to buy.....  and the list goes on.  I am so very happy to be associated with them and our other vets that we depend upon to give our rescued babies the best of care.  Please forgive my rant, but I am just stunned by the lack of civility on social media sites.  I will not tolerate it.  I'll let a scared dog snap and growl at me because it has an excuse.  But, I will not let people attack my friends and supporters when they know NOTHING.

Okay, I'm done ranting - I am taking a deep breath and will now move on....


Earlier in the week, I received a call about three dogs abandoned when the owner's moved out.  Fortunately a neighbor fed and watered them until help would be found to take them.  We now have three new "guests" -  Snow White, Miley, and Star are all mixes that will need a home soon.  Miley is in the worst shape of the three.  She has demodec mange, a staph infection, and an eye infection.  But that doesn't damper her spirits.  Her playmate, is a solid white pit/bull terrier mix with a sweet disposition.  She only has a few health issues at this time so I expect she will be ready for a new home as soon as we can get her spayed.  There is also a 10 to12 week old mix terrier puppy, Star, that just needs a few weeks of good food and no fleas.  I will have pictures of Star later.  She is so active that she will not sit still long enough for a photo. 

Storms are all around so I may lose power soon.  I just wanted to rant about a few things and let everyone see our new arrivals.

Blessings to all...

No comments:

Post a Comment