Thursday, November 10, 2011

Honey the Hero

Earlier this week I had an opportunity to visit with a gentleman who adopted one of our dogs several months ago.   Honey has a wonderful home with Brian and his son. From time to time I would bump into Brian and he was always eager to tell me about Honey's latest adventure.  However, this time, there was a different story.   Honey is now his hero!!  He told his vet about the incident and the vet suggested Brian write a short story about the event and he would forward it on to a few magazines for publication.  Below is the story Brian submitted.


How that phrase of mans best friend is so so true. Let me start of how Honey and I met. Last November while my girlfriend Cindy was visiting from  Florida  we had to make a stop at Petco. usually every weekend is adoption day as was this particular Saturday. There out side was Honey . Now, let me begin that i already have 4 dogs and 4 cats and the last thing i needed was another furry friend. My Vet  Dr. Tony Lobue helps me out quite abit with the abundance of pets and must of that i lost my mind when i was telling him i was thinking of adopting another one , but back to Honey . Honey looks like honey  and with these amazing eyes, ( yes eye's are my weakness Cindy... lol ). I went home and thought about Honey all weekend and decided i wanted to see her again. Now locating her was some problem, she wasn't there with the local animal shelter , Petco  didn't know who she was with and after about 4 days i found the agency that brought her there,  Swampy Paws by Ms Vicki. I went and saw honey again and i already felt the magic again, this was my girl, I decided that i would take her home for the weekend and see how she does with the other 4. She stayed forever . Honey has had and ear infection , a pad infection on her paw, and a skin issue , (a high maintenance girl haha) but never stops wagging that whip which we call a tail. This sweet girl is so happy and she is a blessing to my life .
  Now lets get to the hero part. On Sunday Oct 2nd , my son was home for the weekend and went to bed  with Rusty and Max, so the the other 3 came in and  were going to stay in my room. I was behind in my chores and i decided to do a load of towels. Now i have never ran an appliance when i was going to bed or if i was leaving the house but  i was behind on my household responsibilities and decided to a load of towels. I went to bed and was watching some TV with Ginger , Tucker and of course Honey in the room. the bedroom door was closed. All of a sudden , Honey gets up and starts pacing my room back and forth with her nose straight up in the air . I knew something was wrong as this was not normal behavior at bed time  and she looked like a pointer but with her nose in a vertical position. I opened the door and walked 5 feet and i smelled something burning . I walked to the laundry room  the other side of the house and knew it was the washer , unplugged it and called the fire dept. they came and reported that the washer wasn't throwing off any more heat. What had happened was the transmission locked up  and was burning up. Without Honey's warning, it certainly could have caused an electrical fire and i don't what to think about what could have occurred .
     So, there is  always a reason  why we meet who we meet and  if i  never adopted her  and  listened to my brain saying you have 4 dogs and 4 cats  i may not be typing this , instead  I listened to my heart ! My sweet sweet Honey.........    yours truly , Brian Vecellio    p. s.  yes Honey got a porterhouse steak


Wow!  This makes me so proud of Honey!  She did her job as defender/protector/companion .  Well done Honey!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment