Thursday, April 26, 2012

Homes are urgently needed!!!

I've had a wake up call this past week.  Separating dogs that weight over 40 pounds is just too much for me at this point in life!  I've been dragged across the yard, broke a finger, and chased a dog around the pasture as it was going after my goats.  I am wayyyyyy too old for this.  I am alone with the dogs most of the time so when the dogs have to be picked up or forced to do something, I am the one who has to do it.  I just cannot continue the physical part of large dog rescue.  I hate to admit it, but at 60 I just cannot afford to break bones and I am not as strong as I was in my forties.   I need to place our big babies as soon as possible.  I have needed to do this for quite a while, but having a neighbor politely complain about the Walker hounds barking so much, solidified my decision. So I need everyone's help.  We have some fabulous big dogs who just need a family to love them. I am afraid if I don't reduce the number and size of dogs, I may have to quit all together.  I don't want that to happen so I will change my focus to smaller dogs and special needs dogs.  I currently have 2 vision impaired Poms, two crippled poodles, a 13 year old poodle, and a mystery mix with severe hip issues!  

I'd like to find homes for 6 of our large dogs by the end of May.  I know we can do this if I get everyone acting as our salesmen!!!  Come of folks, talk to everyone you know and tell them about our dogs.  We will reduce our adoption fee to just $50.00 for these dogs. However, our requirements do not change.  Fenced yards are a must!!!

We are at capacity so we cannot take another dog!  We need to move some out so we can help others.  Until we get 6 or more out, we are not able to take another dog.

Thank you all for your help.

No comments:

Post a Comment