Saturday, December 18, 2010

Take the Goat to the Vet - Bring home a puppy!

What is wrong with this picture?  I found my little Nigerian Dwarf a bit under the weather, so I took him to the vet where the day before a good samaritan had dropped off a little puppy she found wandering her neighborhood.  Since I have "sucker" written across my forehead, I was asked to take the ltitle thing and find it a good home.  She is cute, but I hadn't planned on adding any other dogs until after the holiday season. 

So she is now at the house with the rest of the pack.  I hope she will adjust and sleep all night.....  A puppy is just like having a baby.  They require a lot of attention and love.  I hope to find her a home for the holidays.

Next week we will have a Bassett Hound join us.  He will undergo heartworm treatment and will need crate rest for 6 weeks.  The family that rescued him just doesn't have room for one more dog, but they have done a wonderful job taking care of him until they could place him in a small rescue facility.  They just didn't want him to be in a shelter.  They are also providing the very expensive heartworm treatment.  Folks like that really warm my heart.  They are the opposite of what we normally experience.  A lot of the dogs that make their way to our rescue center or municipal shelters are just abandoned by people who don't care.  Fortunately for this dog, he found people who care.  His photos and medical updates will be forthcoming.

Meanwhile on the farm, Minnie and Pearl, our miniature donkeys, keep a watchful eye on everything that goes on.  They brey and brey when they are disturbed by anything unfamiliar.  They are our security system! 

No comments:

Post a Comment